- We have the right to share our problems and receive support
- We have the right to impartial advice and accessible information
- We have the right to be treated with respect and taken seriously
- Information remains confidential, unless we have been told otherwise
- Young people must be free from the risk of harm when working with Connexions
- We have the right to equal opportunities and will not be judged
- We as young people have a right to be listened to and heard
- We have the right to make comments or suggestions about the services provided for young people
If you feel that we have not met our Youth Charter to you, please get in touch so that we can put things right. We’re always happy to hear about your good experiences too so that we can give that feedback to our staff. Personal.Adviser@connexionslive.com
You said we did:
We run regular surveys to ask you what you think. In this year’s online survey, here’s what you told us:
- 98% of you found Connexions to be Helpful
- 94% of you would recommend us to your friends
- 64% of you want to talk to us in a Connexions centre
- 64% said you would also like to use web, phone and text with us
- 69% said you would know exactly how to tell us what you think
The things you most value about our service are:
- Getting help to identify career options
- Help looking for courses or learning opportunities
- Help to feel more confident and motivated
Some of your other recent feedback tells us:
“My PA was very helpful and gave me lots of information and help.”
“The help was fantastic it really helped me feel better about the future.”
“The people are very nice and I felt confident talking to them”.
“I think it’s brilliant that Connexions has adult advisers too.”
“My PA is easy to talk to, she explains everything well and in such detail, I have recommended her to my friends”.
We also know we need to sort out the things you said need improving:
- We are looking at available premises in the community because you told us you were disappointed some of our connexions centres closed. We have updated our website with all the locations you will find us. There are now over 50 community venues in Greater Merseyside which is more than we ever had before. That’s in addition to the schools and colleges we work in.
- 32% of our young people did not know we had a Facebook page where they can post messages, ask for help, or read daily updates about jobs, courses, events. We are designing a new Facebook fansite and will launch it with a competition and some great giveaways.
- You told us that you would like to see Connexions gathering more feedback from young people. We are re-writing the questions on our online survey and will make this available shortly.
We welcome all your comments & feedback, it helps us improve what we do!